Roses in Forest Grove, Oregon

Roses in Forest Grove, Oregon

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Homemade Caramels

I thought I'd start sharing some of the recipes I love to make, starting with this easy recipe for homemade caramels!


1/4 C BUTTER (not margarine)
1/2C white sugar
1/2C Brown Sugar
1/2C Light Karo Syrup
1/2C Sweetened Condensed Milk

Combine all into either a glass bowl (if you're making this in a microwave)
OR a small pan (if you're this on the stove top)

Cook for 6 minutes, (microwave- stir every two minutes) (stovetop stir constantly)

Pour into lightly greased square pan, and cool completely. (I put mine outside on a cold day,
then finished cooling it in the fridge)

Cut into squares and wrap in WAXED PAPER.
These caramels are much softer than the store bought, so I keep mine stored in the fridge.

Next time I make them I'll coat in chocolate and sprinkle coarse sea salt on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment